Monday, November 12, 2007

Courier Article

An opportunity presented itself for me to me to join my Father and youngest brother on a hunting trip in the commonwealth of Kentucky. Having a handful of vacation days left, I took a day off this Sunday to spend time with family and enjoy the outdoors. The weather was beautiful and the visit with family was memorable. For those outdoor persons interested in my hunt; I didn’t even see a deer let alone get one. I hope to have better luck here in Indiana.

The holiday season is upon us and I am looking forward to it. But the youth minister within me, however, has a twitch of sadness. This is the season when our youth ministry tends to slow down. We meet less often in the later part of the Fall but I guess that overcompensates for the busy early Fall schedule.

As I look back on the past three months I am very pleased what has taken place. Youth leaders are energetic and willing to take on responsibilities. Students have shown a renewed spirit of participation in youth events. Numerous activities such as parties, 5th Quarters, the Fall Festival, and Fun Nights have been very successful.

So as we enter into this Thanksgiving season, I am very grateful to God for what has taken place in the start of this school year. I am thankful for a group of great students and committed volunteers. I am thankful to be apart of a church that provides space and resources to minister to young people. I am thankful.

I hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving season. We have much to be thankful for.

No comments: