Monday, May 05, 2008

This Past Saturday


This Saturday I found myself playing farmer. My father-in-law is a farmer and needed some help in the fields. I chiseled (plowed) about 50 acres. It’s not the most exciting work but enjoyed it none the less. If I were guaranteed to inherit 600 acres and a barn full of farm machinery I would seriously consider farming as a career. But since I’m not, I will look for work elsewhere.

The second thing that happened on Saturday involved my dog. I keep him outside now so I checked on him at 6:00 p.m.. He was fine. I called him at 10:00 p.m. and he did not respond. So I went into the barn to find him curled up in an old dog house. He would not come out at all. After dragging him out I found him dirty, cut up, and physically exhausted. He got into a fight with something and was so warn down I honestly thought he would not be alive the next morning. I took him into the basement, woke up the next morning to find him with a little more energy. It’s now Monday and he seems to be doing alright. He’s moving a little slow but on his way to a full recovery.

No comments: