Monday, December 03, 2007

Courier Artical (Nov. 26, 2007)

With Thanksgiving behind us the Wednesday Night youth program will resume to it’s normal schedule. We have just three remaining youth meetings before Christmas break begins. It’s hard to believe that 2007 is nearly over.
Just to let you know, I am on the calendar to preach on December 16. Jim Ketchen will be very busy that week with his son’s wedding. Jim asked if I would preach in his place. I agreed to do so. I’m never postive what my sermons will be about but I think my teaching will be on humility. The Christmas story is the most humble of stories ever told. God removed himself from heaven to be born in a barn for the welfare of all mankind. There is nothing more humble than that. Yet the holiday we celebrate is anything but humble. Immodest shopping budgets, a blitz of Christmas functions to attend, and a load of unneeded stress all lead to the possibility that a “humble” Christmas might be impossible. With Christmas gifts already purchased and most Christmas events already scheduled, it maybe too late to have a “humble” Christmas this year. Therefore, teaching will have the Christmas of 2008 in mind. I hope you can be there. Please keep me in your prayers. And if you have anything to add to the subject of humility and Christmas, please share. I would love to share your perspective.

No comments: