Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Dance Went Well

It’s Sunday morning and I have some time on my hands before Sunday school begins. Last Friday’s school dance went very well. The students were very appreciative of our efforts however, they could have used a little more Green Day. I am very appreciative of Nick F. and Casey McV. Their musical talents make a hack like me look far better than the talents I actually possess. It was a lot of fun. The matter I am most proud of is that three Christian guys helped high school students have fun at a dance without it being too “churchy.” Those are words that are typically not associated with each other: Christian, dance, fun, not churchy. Hopefully, our efforts displayed that being a Christian is not a life sentence to stand against the wall to watch everyone else dance. I wonder how Christianity and dancing grew to be opposing forces anyway?

No comments: