Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Guns and Youth MInistry

Guns & Youth Ministry: I never thought my job as a youth minister would bring these two things together but today it did. Logan, a student of mine, and I went rabbit hunting today. He said it was just ten degrees and I believe him. It was cold and it was windy. For those of you that believe hunting is silly or immoral then you will be happy to know that our hunt came up empty. We didn’t even see one furry bunny to shot at. We did, however, see a heard of deer and some amazing scenery. Three inches of snow was on every branch on ever tree. We both agreed it was beautiful. We found a snow drift to make two snow chairs. We sat for ten to fifteen minutes and simply talked. After making our way to the house, he invited me in for a cup of hot-chocolate. It was a great way to spend a cold afternoon with a great student. Thanks Logan for the hunt, conversation, and the hot-chocolate. The highlight was Logan saying, "I can't believe I'm hunting with my youth minister." I laughed and told him I was thinking the same thing.

No comments: