Monday, January 07, 2008

Political Talk


I just used the Candidate Calculator. It tells me that my political positions line up with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee at 90%. Before Iowa, I was leaning toward Big Fred Thompson but I doubt if he will be in the race during the Indiana primary. But in the long run...Jesus wins every time.

On a couple other political fronts

1. Saturday I listened to an awesome lecture given by Tony Jones. He said, "It's an absolute sin for a Christian to register as a Democrat or a Republican." While I'm not willing to call it sin, I have been thinking about declaring myself as an independent...despite the fact I typically vote Republican on the State and National levels.

2. As few weeks ago Scott McKnight started a e-conversation about the presidential race. It surprised how the Democrat supporters out numbered the Republican. I wonder if the "emergent church" is made up of more Democrates than Republican?

No comments: